FreeForm Modular Units
FreeForm has the capacity to tackle any modular construction project but we specialize in taking recycled, sustainable Shipping Containers and turning them into high-quality custom modular commercial and residential:
- Modular Restrooms
- Shipping Container Bars / Tasting Rooms
- Shipping Container Cafe / Custom Modular Kitchens
- Modular Offices & Modular Office Buildings
- Modular Residential Units
- Custom Modular Retail Spaces
- Modular Lounges/Living spaces
We have pre-designed modular units that you can customize or you can make a completely customized modular unit or shipping container that specifically meets your design criteria. Either way, our design and modular construction manufacturing teams work together to create the modular units that fit your budget and vision.
How much does a Modular – Modified Shipping Container – Cost?
There are three categories of costs to consider when calculating the budget for your new Modular Units: Soft Costs, Site Costs, and Modular Costs. These are based on a typical scope of work. Prior to engaging in a feasibility study, FreeForm can help outline the cost of your specific project. The overall project cost is determined based on your location, site, and design.
Vary by project. $5,000 – $30,000 and up
- Feasibility Study
- Site survey
- Geo-technical soils analysis
- Architectural design
- Structural engineering
- State Permitting and if required City Permit coordination
- Utility connection fees
- Permit and impact fees
City fees associated with obtaining a building permit can vary greatly depending on jurisdiction and are determined during the feasibility process.
Base prices start from $100–$275/sf
Our Modular Units are built with a high level of craftsmanship: all Units come standard with durable, sustainable, and healthy materials, premium finishes.
- Paint and Elastomeric Coatings
- Electrical and lighting fixtures
- Flooring – laminate / epoxy / etc
- Tile / FRP / etc
- Plumbing and fixtures
- Counter-tops – Stainless Steel, Formica, etc.
- Appliances are customizable to fit a client’s budget, aesthetic, and use; not included in the modular costs.
Typically 30 to 70 percent of the modular costs
- Site prep work (including excavation)
- Utilities and Foundation
- Shipping the modules to the site from the factory
- Installation of the units
- On-site finish work, including connecting the modules at the seams Utility connections
- Additional site-built components such as decks, exterior stairs, and paint
Site work costs vary based on a variety of factors, including the condition of your land, topography and soil, the total number of modules, and complexity of the project.